How Teamwork Reduces Academic Writing Stress
So you have read innumerable puns on how every group assignment in grad school is always done only by one member, and all other members just share the credit that they don’t deserve. You believe them because you have seen them in action and you feel like they are spot on. Well, let us tell you that they are not. Team building and making sure that every person in your group contributes is easier than it looks. If you get it right it is incredibly easy to achieve and if you get lost in lots of useless emotions then it is all going to be a mess.
People, when they walk into a team, walk in with their baggage. And that baggage is simply the main hindrance in productivity and achievement. So this blog will help you get to a point where your team’s emotional quotient aligns with each other.
- Synergy: Inspire your peers and coworkers to work with coordination. Work as a team and make sure that everyone is upgraded on all the tasks that are being performed.
- Division of Labor: Distribute your tasks appropriately. Learn to see who is capable of what and make sure that they are all doing their jobs amicably. If someone is good at presentations then make him present. If one is good in writing, he can write the content. If one is good in research then make him do research.
- Flexibility: Be flexible in your approach. If a person is late in their submission, keep an eye on whether it can be done in the provided extension or not. If not then tell another team mate to help. Also keep an eye on everyone while the deadlines are still far. So that if they are lagging behind, you will be able to foresee it beforehand.
- Enhance Productivity: Be productive; simple way to achieve that is by turning group meets into learning sessions and making sure that the team gets to wok around you. So that each of their working styles can be monitored accordingly.
- Brainstorm: Have sitting sessions that are productive in idea creation. Brainstorming is a great technique to make sure that all new ideas get into the mix.
- Result orientation: It’s important to keep a tab on whether the results that were expected are being achieved or not. It’s great to hang out and have a good time but timeliness is very important as well.
So here are our tips and tricks to achieve success in team building in academic writing. It will always be about the leadership, so be firm and clear about who you are and what you want. And negotiate for it but don’t let it get out of your sight. Your goals regarding growth and productivity are more important than they look. Coursework Square is a premium content writing service. Come see us soon if you need any help.